For the cake:
200g dark chocolate
200g butter (at room temperature)
1 shot espresso
1,5 tsp baking powder
150g brown sugar
150g white sugar
25g cocoa powder
70g sour cream
For the ganache:
200g dark chocolate (minimum 60%)
300ml cream (30% fat), room temperature
3 tbl spoon dark brown sugar
Preparation time – 2 hours. Recipe best fits for 26cm baking dish.
1. Preheat the oven to 170˚S.
2. Melt the chocolate in a water bath.
3. Whip the butter with two kinds of sugar. Add eggs, whisk until creamy. Continuing mixing while pouring melted chocolate. Add sour cream, mix all again.
4. Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Mix everything through to avoid lumps.
5. Brush the baking dish with butter and sprinkle with cocoa. Pour the batter into the dish and place in the preheated oven.
6. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes (try not to open the oven) and do the toothpick test. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is baked.
7. Put the cake out of the oven and let it cool for 30mins before taking it out of the mold. Let it cool for at least 3 hours before cutting into three layers.
8. While the cake is cooling, prepare the ganache. Melt the chocolate in a water bath. Lightly beat the cream with sugar until smooth. Pour the chocolate in slowly. Whisk until smooth. Add the pieces of butter. Stir until smooth.
9. Immediately after preparation start with layering the cake with ganache. Put approx. 1/4 of the total amount of the first layer. Top it with the second and do the same. Pour the remaining ganache on top of the cake and spread evenly.
The cake is best left overnight in the frindge to infuse. Next day you will have the most indulgent super mega chocolate cake! Enjoy!