Olives and sun-dried tomatoes cakes are, in my opinion, a perfect snack or a compliment to a glass of read wine. These cakes will be a nice addition to your finger buffet, picnic or just lunch.
Ingredients (makes 8 mini cakes or 1 big):
130g plain flour
50g grated parmeggiano cheese (or any other hard cheese)
30ml olive oil
1/2 tea spoon baking powder
50g sun-dried tomatoes
50g olives without pits
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Beat the eggs with milk and oil. Add flour, cheese, chopped tomatoes and olives (leave couple for decoration), salt and pepper.
3. Add baking powder and mix everything through.
4. Put the mixture in baking moulds and decorate with the rest of the olives.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Cool before taking the cakes out of the moulds.